Flex-Card: The First Device to bring Universal Storage to Every Phone and Computer on the Market
April 8th, 2015, The first physical storage device to bring together all mobile phone and computer devices (iPhone, Android, iPad, PC, Mac, etc) was released today on Indiegogo.
The Flex-Card, the fourth product created by the Power Company, seeks to bridge the gap of sharing files between different operating systems without connecting to a Cloud based system.
"With all the problems people have experienced with the Cloud and browser based storage, the Flex-Card should make technology users feel more secure by not utilizing an Internet connection."
- Gene Aikens, Flex-Card Designer.
The Flex-Card contains two flexible cables as well as connectors that can attach depending on the device the user is using. The two main cables are a 3.0 USB connector and a micro connector, while the attachments are a Lightning 8-pin connector (iPhone 5 and newer), 30-pin (iPhone/iPad older generations), and the newly released USB-C.
"With the cables being flexible, you will be able to connect to any device protected by a case, without having to remove your phone from it" said Gene describing the added features of the Flex-Card.
The Flex-Card is seeking to raise $3,000 on Indiegogo to start production of the factory molds. In addition to their main goal, they have a second goal of raising $50,000 to start their first manufacturing run. In addition, they have stretch goals for different colors, clip-on attachments, and new app development. Their Indiegogo specials range from $65 all the way up to $345 for their 256GB model.
Interested parties are encouraged to visit the campaign to learn more: http://igg.me/at/FlexCard/x/6291433
Additional Pictures can be found here: http://www.thepower.company/press-kit-pictures.html
Major Features Highlighted:
- Copy/Move files between Android, Apple/iOS Mobile Devices, Tablets, PC, and/or MAC into the Flex-Card.
- No Internet Needed: Open files directly from the Flex-Card w/o using a Cloud system or needing to be connected to the internet.
- Stream all your Music and Movies directly from the Flex-Card to your Mobile Device.
- Speed: The Flex-Card runs at the fastest 3.0 speed, allowing users to transfer files fast and efficiently.
- Charge any Apple, Android, or Windows Mobile device 100% directly from your computer without a charging cable.
- Case Friendly: With it's flexible adapters, the Flex-Card can fit any case that's connected to your device.
- Encryption: Add a password for added security when storing personal data.
- File Management: Copy/Cut/Paste/Delete/Rename & Create Folders.
- Backup: Backup all of your Photos,Videos, and Music from a MAC or PC.
About the Power Company:
The Power Company is a leading product design company focused on smart electronics. The company’s premier product, the Smart Card, a walletsized iPhone and Android charger, was released on Indiegogo in 2014. The Smart Card was successfully funded, raising more than $60,000, and is now a part of Indiegogo’s Forever Funding program and still available for contributions.
The company’s second product, the iPocket Drive, solved the problem of iPhone users having portable storage and successfully raised over $180,000. The latest product, the Flex-Card, is the first device to bring universal storage to every phone and computer.